Thursday, March 19, 2009

Our 1 year Blogversary


Well it has been one year today. My friends on facebook think the celebration should include chocolate or going out to dinner. (Let me know when you figure out how to post it to the internet guys.) On twitter we have been talking about microwaving marshmallow peeps. Hmm. I don't think my husband in the next room realizes its the blogversary. He never reads it. He's busy working.

I think, in lieu of celebrations, I'm feeling reflective.
Some of the posts people talk to me about most were right in the beginning.
But then some of the series have garnered some attention too:
And I'm very proud of the one that came out lately:

I'd like to do alot more with this blog in the next year. I'll try to bring you more good information about genealogy and the industry. I'd like to get in more entries to carnivals. I think they are fun. If you have any other suggestions I'd love to hear them.

It is amazing what this last year has brought. I wonder what the next year is going to bring.

I think the blog has been a little like family history for me. A good outlet. Nice hobby. Helping me discover more about who I am and where I'm headed. Hope it has some good ideas and information for you too. I appreciate you reading.

8 comments:

Thomas MacEntee said...

Happy anniversary! Love your blog and thanks for your great review of past posts!

Michael Booth said...

Congratulations! Hard to believe it's been a year already. Keep up the good work!

Taylorstales-Genealogy said...

Congratulations! My how time flies when we have FUN!! I look forward to your future posts and genealogical information. Thanks for sharing.

Miriam Robbins said...

Congratulations, Janet!

Randy Seaver said...

Only one year? Does it seem longer to you? I could have sworn it was two years, I've been reading your excellent work for a long time.

Keep it up...I especially appreciate the nFS information!

Janet Hovorka said...

I do too read your blog, Just not everyday. Congratulations on doing such wonderful things with the Chart Chick blog. Love, Kim

Janet Hovorka said...

How cute. He doesn't read my blog all that much, but when he does he knows my login :-)
Janet

DearMYRTLE said...

CONGRATS, Janet! You've got a wonderful blog -- personal yet professional. (Yes, all rolled up into one!)

Thanks for all you do to help people honor their heritage.

Myrt :)