Thursday, March 3, 2022

Are You Watching RootsTech With Us?

 Photo: The Family ChartMasters Team at RootsTech 2020



by Janet

We love Rootstech! For twelve years RootsTech has always been such a huge part of our calendar. I think it was the second year that I got in trouble for taking my kids. Then in 2014, one of the highlights of my career was when my son Matthew spoke to two full halls at only 14 years old. I've spoken with my Dad, with my Sisters, with Erin and numerous times by myself, besides running the Family ChartMasters booth and booths for other societies and companies that I've been affiliated with.

So it was with great surprise last year, that when the conference went virtual, I actually had time to listen to some of the other lectures. They were awesome. I was so excited to hear everyone else's presentations and get inspired along with all of you. I

Unfortunately, as we learned last year, and with other conferences too, the virtual format does not work very well for vendors. We've tried to make adjustments and do different things but with a sad heart, we decided it just didn't work for us to put the money, time and effort into doing RootsTech in a virtual format this year. I'm happy to report though, that I've already found a few new things to check out in the vendors hall this year, and I would encourage all of you to support our friends there.

We're really looking forward to the time when we can all be back in person and enjoy each other's company again. We'll be there with bells on. We're looking forward to the NGS conference in Sacramento, CA in May. Hopefully we'll see you there.

No comments: