Your dining room table looks perfect until it is time for dinner, so here are a few options:
- Try a cabinet style computer desk, or a folding screen to take over a corner of the family room.
- Take over a large closet, you can build shelves (or I got mine from IKEA) and make a desk out of an ironing board (my closet desk is from an old kitchen countertop when we were remodeling.)
- Get a laptop instead of a desktop (Sharon says you can make an office out of anywhere, even the bathroom if you need to when you have a laptop
- Make use of the library for books and journals--don't buy as much. (good advice for all of us--overflowing office or not.)
- Go ahead and use the kitchen table--buy tv trays for eating
- Move to a climate where you can eat on the patio.
- (I would add--just eat out)
- Kick a kid out of their bedroom.
- Or just go for the "I'm hopelessly hooked on genealogy" decor