Saturday, June 27, 2009

Pictures from SCGS

Guess What!?! FootnoteMaven just gave me permission to post the picture of us to my blog.

Woohoo. Such an honor to meet this lady. And she is the same sweetheart in real life as she is online, even more so. And what a beautiful lady too. I don't know why she uses her FootnoteMaven picture. But it was fun to actually get to see her and give her a hug. I wrote her on twitter a couple of days ago and told her she would have to come find me because I didn't even know if I was looking for a blonde or a brunette. And when she flashed me her nametag in the lobby yesterday, I felt like I'd struck gold. Soooo exciting to finally get to meet her.

Printed a great chart for Randy Seaver. What a file he has. To print the whole ancestor generations going out from him would have been 60+ feet. Wow. We all ought to be listening to him for advice.
Randy's and I think so much alike. His is one of my all time favorite blogs. It is amazing how you can feel so connected to people, think so much alike, talk to each other all the time, and yet have never met. Then when you finally do--it is so exciting.

And yesterday I got to be interviewed by Lisa Louise Cooke. We had such a great talk. Even after the recorder was off I felt like we could have talked forever. I'll let you know when the interview is posted.
I missed the blogger summit class this morning because I was teaching my Inherited Genealogy class against it. I've got to run now to the Facebook Meetup for the Geneablogger's group. I can't miss that too. I'll post more shortly. So many awesome bloggers to meet.

5 comments:

Midge Frazel said...

Thanks for the wonderful photos of my never seen friends!

Amy Coffin (We Tree) said...

It was so nice to meet you at the Facebook meet-up and speak "librarian" for a bit.

Quite an exclusive to get the famous footnoteMaven scoop. She's wonderful!

Diana Ritchie said...

Thanks so much for the updates and PICTURES!! It's great for those of us back home to get a feel for what's going on at the Jamboree.

footnoteMaven said...

Hey Baby:

It was my honor to finally meet you. You are so beautiful, inside and out.

Oh, and tall!

We will do it again in September!

Love you - fM

emily j said...

hey chart chick! i haven't seen you in a while! hope all is well. . . .

miss emily