Friday, July 11, 2008

Finally--how to publish your blog into a book.

I talked to George Morgan and Steve Danko in Burbank about publishing your blog into a book. Getting electrons down on paper is really the best way to archive something. Blogs are prime real estate for losing information to the digital dark age. As I have invested in this blog, with so much more that will be invested too, I want a way to hold on to it and make sure it is available in the future (I'm a control freak that way.) Both of these have software you download to take the information from your blog and create a .pdf. Take a look:

http://www.blurb.com/ Blurb's software BookSmart was easy to use and brought my blog right in. You wouldn't want to be really picky about the formatting though. You don't have alot of control here.

http://asprise.com/product/blogcollector/selfpublish.php I had trouble downloading this software with Vista and then it wasn't terribly intuitive. Would work in a pinch, but I liked BookSmart better


I would love a place where I could just go type in the address and have the book arrive in the mail (like our charting service.) Unfortunately it looks like there have been some blog book companies like that go out of business. (blogbinders.com) I haven't been able to find any easier solution. If you know of one--I would love to hear about it.

Now Kim knows what to get me every Christmas. A published account of my blog for the year.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Book Smart does not support blogger though....does it???

Janet Hovorka said...

The Book Smart I downloaded in July has worked fine with blogger. Haven't used it alot but it is getting to the end of the year and I should try it out to archive the year.

Kara Herron said...

I work for a company called Cherish Bound - a personal publishing company. I've had people ask me to help them put their blogs into book form. Our tool is super easy to use - free, no software, and you can format your book however you want, BUT you still have to cut and paste - do the work yourself. So, it will take time, but it's worth it. If you or your readers have questions, either go to www.cherishbound.com, or you can contact me at: kara(at)cherishbound(dot)com.

-Kara

Anonymous said...

Maybe.
---------------------------------------------------------
Signature:buy levitra professional online ita

Anonymous said...

Someone deleted a variety of links from badongo and shared servers.

From now, we will use www.tinyurlalternative.com as our main [url=http://www.tinyurlalternative.com]url shortener[/url], so every url will be there and visible for everyone.

You can pick out from several great [url=http://kfc.ms]short url[/url] names like:

kfc.ms easysharelink.info jumpme.info megauploadlink.info megavideolink.info mygamelink.info myrapidsharelink.info mytorrentlink.info myurlshortener.com mywarezlink.info urlredirect.info urlshrinker.info weblinkshortener.com youtubelink.info and many others.

They include above 60 different available domains and the [url=http://myurlshortener.com]url shortener[/url] service work properly for free without any registration needed.

So we think it is good notion and suggest you to use [url=http://urlredirect.info]url redirect[/url] service too!

Thank you.