Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Triathalons

I just got back from swimming with Laurie and Kristy Buzbee. (Wife and daughter of Bruce Buzbee, creator of RootsMagic). We are doing a triathlon in August. It comes a week after a milestone birthday for me, so I'm celebrating by being a tough triathlete. I did 400 meters or so this morning. They did 800 or so. It is really sick. They make me look like I am standing still.

I think triathalons are my sport. I'm just ADD enough to need a change every few minutes. I know I can do the biking and running. And I've got good endurance (anything less than an hour and a half is just warming up.) But I've got to get to work more on my swimming. Anybody with good hints on how to be a faster swimmer?

If you had told me I was going to start doing triathalons at this age, I would have thought you were crazy. But you know, they are alot like genealogy. Try something, keep trying, try something new, keep trying, and hang in there.

No comments: