Sunday, July 6, 2008

New RootsMagic blog

(Generation Maps does not endorse any genealogy software. We just like to tell you how great they are.)

There is a new blog in town. Check out blog.rootsmagic.com. Bruce Buzbee has promised to give us insights into what is coming in RootsMagic 4 through his blog. I'm sure it will be seasoned with his sense of humor too. A real treat.

I have been privileged to see some of what he is working on in RootsMagic 4 and it is characteristically forward thinking. I love what he is doing with the New FamilySearch database interface. He is making it so that I might actually want to tackle my "burned over district" lines. He is continuing to make family history easier. The RootsMagic blog promises to teach you how to use the software before it even comes out.

And he is a nice guy too. One of the first things I was impressed with about Bruce is what good friends he was with everyone, even his competitors. He has been a great help to us, a fabulous mentor, and I go to him for advice on all sorts of things. I always love talking to him. I'm glad I can count him as a good friend.

No comments: