Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Getting the next generation involved--a testimonial


This testimonial made our day today. And just look at these pictures! This is why we do what we do.

Dear Janet and Erin,

Hope your new year's off to a good start!

I've been meaning to write and tell you just how thrilled my family was with the custom chart you created for us. It turned out even more beautifully than I had imagined, and I was so excited to give it to them Christmas morning. My mother- and father-in-law were speechless at first, then in tears when they realized what it was. My sisters- and brothers-in-law were also amazed, even though they knew I was making it, and so appreciative when I gave them their own copies. But what really surprised me was how touched my nieces, nephews, and own children were (a total of eight kids in their teens and 20's). The chart really moved them. To say it was a hit would be quite an understatement. Within a day, it was hanging in a place of honor in the front foyer.

I truly believe this is the best thing I could have possibly done to share my work on the family history and get the rest of the family interested in their ancestry. Thank you for all the hours you put into making the chart a reality for me. Family ChartMasters was a delight to work with from start to finish. You seemed to grasp my idea for the chart right away, and whenever I made yet another revision or swapped another picture you cheerfully incorporated it. The chart will be a family treasure for many years to come. I look forward to working with you again on other branches of my family!

Just to give you an idea, my 24-year-old daughter put a picture of her grandmother and grandfather holding the chart on her Facebook page with the caption, "The best Christmas gift ever!"

Thanks again and best wishes,
Shelley
http://www.asenseoffamily.com/

No comments: